Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Red Wagon and Pinecones

Palmer enjoys anything with wheels and has recently taken an interest in his red wagon, often asking "ride wagon". On this particular outing, I thought it would be fun to pick up the numerous pinecones that had spotted the yard. Welcome to Houston, where I'm fairly certain the state tree is a pine...thus all the pinecones. Therefore, I thought we could have a nature lesson, And clean up the yard...ya' know, that whole two birds thing!

As you'll see, he likes to operate the wagon himself...pushing, pulling, whatever works. As he got close to the car I said "watch out for the car, you're getting a little close". Now, every time he gets close to the car, house, tree, anything for that matter, he says, "watch out for the xxx". He catches on quick!

Checking it out for himself!

All's clear, if he can fit between the car and the wagon, right?!

Pushing...which is actually pretty tough in the grass!

Now, we must dump out all the pinecones that we had collected. So, instead of being scattered throughout the yard, they now sit in one little area all together!!

No comments: