Monday, May 11, 2009

Bluebonnets 2009

Bluebonnets are the state flower of Texas and it is a tradition for some to get an annual picture of your children in the bluebonnet fields. I must say, they are breathtaking, it's just a
sea of purple.

The first year we went to Palmer, TX (south of Dallas) and sat Palmer in a Bumbo seat amongst all the flowers. (*Of note, he was not named for Palmer, TX. I didn't even know about this town until we began our search for bluebonnets.)

2007


I missed getting a picture in 2008, so I was determined to find a field near Houston to get a picture this year. Palmer and I headed West one afternoon after school, and found a little spot sort of in the middle of nowhere where he could run through the fields. He had a great time "running in flowers". I did not "pose" him for these pictures...I just followed him along snapping pictures and watching for ant beds!

2009




No comments: